July 5, 2010

Le Tour

Another reason I wanted to be in Europe right now...the Tour de France ended in Brussels Sunday. The last time they were there was 12 years ago. But enough of me complaining that I'm not in Europe right now...

Watching the coverage of the tour the announcers just kept commenting on how it was extremely unusual weather for Belgium. I can I just say since we moved it has been warmer there in the summer than when we lived there. Again that would be another complaining issues that I have no control over :) Not to mention they are talking Flemmish too...oh how I miss that crazy country.

It really made me sad to watch it knowing Joe wasn't here to watch it with me or me to watch it with him. The other thing is that we were not in Brussels to watch the race live and then do the army base 4th celebration. It was always our favorite memory in Brussels. Nothing like drinking Budweiser and listing to country music in Brussels on an Army base. Not to mention they have the best fireworks I have ever seen in person.

From one of our 4th celebrations in Brussels-I have never seen him so happy to have a bud...his responds was because it strange to drink one here.

Here are a couple photos I got from getty images.


The statue they dressed up in a rider outfit

Eddy Merckx and The King of Belgium - Joe Loved Eddy and had one of his bikes and met him once when he was getting his custom made bike.

The fans out in the country side

No comments: