May 24, 2010

Birthday

Happy Birthday to me...I have mixed feelings about this day. Not because I'm a year older but because I will not have Joe to celebrate with me. Not that he has been there every birthday...he once planned a retirement party on my b-day and then would not let me tell anyone that it was birthday. He even traveled to the US when we lived in Brussels. These were all things that were I grew to deal with because I knew when I did get to celebrate with Joe on my b-day it was always worth the wait or missing my day the year before.

Great days to remember. When we were getting ready to move to Brussels, we actually were in Brussels looking for housing. I also spent on birthday in the south of France, Venice and Brussels.

I guess I'm just missing feeling of someone making me feel extra special...I know my parents and friends do that but it just isn't the same thing.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course it isn't. But I'll just chime in anyway: Joyeux Anniversaire!

Anonymous said...

Jill,
Nothing or nobody will ever compare to Joe and that is ok. All of your friends and family understand that. I know it's not the same, but I Wish You A Happy Birthday...do something nice for yourself and just imagine that Joe is right there with you celebrating.

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

Thank you for your thought everyone!