September 3, 2010

Montgomery Wards

When I lived in Chicago I use to work at Montgomery Wards, here is what my day was like.

I would park here and then get ready for work...back in the day it was free parking

then I would walk across this bridge...I don't ever remember that little shed though, just in the winter it was cold and if I work a skirt the wind would blow it up.

The statue on top of what use to be the merchandise building - the statue is from the world's fair when it was in Chicago

The merchandise building now a condo with balcony's. In the back ground is one of the other buildings. Sometimes I would take my lunch to that lunch room for a nice view of the city. I worked on the second floor of the merchandise building.

This is or was the catalog building...again now condo's

Then I would drive home...

No comments: