March 17, 2011

hair


So I have not had much luck ever finding someone that I thought was good to color or cut my hair. If I did find someone it has been in another city and costly.

Here is a brief history…I have only had issue in Minneapolis come to think about it…in the early 90’s I found a great person, however that only last a couple times she was going to school to become an accountant.

Then in 2000 when I moved back to mpls I actually flew back and forth to Chicago to get my hair done – my neighbors sister would do my hair some time along with Laura a friend of Jodi’s.

Then I finally found Richard. I really like going to see Richard however sometime my hair was white not blonde.

AHH finding a stylist in Brussels. This was not as hard as you would think. I went to a chain hair salon based in England. I had an ok girl do my color then one day while Joe was getting his haircut a nice Swedish lady said there is an American here that does color. After that I switch to her – she was actually from Minneapolis and married a Belgian. How crazy is that.

For cutting both Joe and I loved crazy Sebastian. We nicknamed him Edward scissor hands. He cut so fast and would twist his hand upside down. We also would have to stand up most of the time and then the other part he would sit on a stool and zoom around us with a possessed look in his eyes.

He however he had a lot of issues going on. One being that he thought it was too hot in the summer in Brussels and couldn’t sleep at night. Another thing that happened is that he broke his wrist one day (not sure what happened) and had a cast on it for a long time. Both of these issues caused his to call in sick a lot…finally he got fired. He was ok with that – he wanted to move somewhere else anyway.

After this whole mess I tried a salon that was the “royal” hairstylist. Meaning the Royal family got their hair done at this spot. It was good but then we moved…

To make a long story shorter…I think I found a great person now to do my hair.

His name is Tony he was born and raised in LA. He worked in Beverly Hills at Fredrick Fecki (spelling). Also did hair for Grey’s Anatomy and CSI. The person I was most impressed with was that he did Bridgett’s hair from the girls next door – you know the playboy bunny. He said his biggest regret is not going to a party at the mansion. (He is gay)

How did he end up here…well he had some clients that would fly out there then they flew him here and his base started to grew so much and he was getting sick of the scene in LA that he decided to open a salon here 4 years ago.

Did I mention my hair looks really good.

No comments: