June 1, 2011

a thought

This last trip to LA I think I finally pinpointed why I'm not happy in Minneapolis - besides the family thing.

I like other cities and living there because they treat me well. Meaning like I am a person, they see me and hear me. In Minnesota I feel left out, invisible and like i don't matter. It doesn't even matter if I'm dressed up or just roll out of bed it is the same feeling.

Examples: the valets guys at the hotel. Yes it is there job to get my car however the talked to me, asked me about my day, where I was going what I was going to do and on and on. I watched them one day and they didn't do that to all the other guest. I don't even want to tell you the service I got when I was all dressed up.

I went to the camera store in LA again to get a new lens cap - the guy remembered me from the last time I was there...Here when I go to the camera store I get attitude and have spent lot of money there and no hello - I remember you - just what do you want after I flag someone down that is ignoring me.

I think I could handle this place when Joe was here cause they saw him and noticed him here and it wasn't so bad then.

I'm still not sure where the whole Minnesota nice thing came from...I think it is when people know people already or something. Kind like when I first moved back here and was at fingerhut. A co-worker told me I don't have time for new friends I barely have time for my high school friends. REALLY!!


No comments: