January 8, 2009

New Years Eve

Hi Everyone, for NYE Joe, Foxy and I went downtown LA. We stayed at the Sheraton Downtown, which I just picked it because they accepted dogs (the only one in downtown) plus it was close to the Disney Concert Hall.I thought it was but the front desk said we shouldn't walk at night around downtown. Our room was a really nice corner room (upgrade I think) with floor to ceiling windows on 2 walls. The only thing was it was a handicap room and had a weird magnet lock that wasn't very secure. I didn't want any one to take my little dog when we were out having fun.

For dinner we ate at Adoro, not in the zagat LA book but really good Mexican food. Strong margarita's, great staff (Javier) and quiet.

Then we were off to the Disney Concert Hall to see Pink Martini. They are from Portland, OR. http://www.pinkmartini.com/about/pm_about.html check out their web site for more on them.



They played 2 shows that night we had tickets to the 10:30 show which I was pleased with. I love seeing concerts on NYE but the are done by midnight then what! Even in Minneapolis I would get the gold packages with the meet and greet after the show for Marc Cohn but that was even done around 11:30 then Joe and I would rush home so we could be there for NYE.


Both Joe and I were tired and barely made it through the show, but the lead signer had a cold and was ready to pop out a baby any second not to mention this was her second show of the night, so we really didn't have anything to complain about knowing that she was exhausted too. The show was great she sang in many different langeues and a few my mom always sang. (tea for two, Que sera sera and one song that goes Valerie, Valeria,Valerie Valeria ha ha ha.)


After the show we walked outside and grabbed a taxi just like that. Which is amazing to me because you could never get a taxi on NYE in Chicago. I walked home many NYE freezing all the way.


Hope you all have a wonderful 2009!


I'm still on Joe's lap top at night and not very good at arranging pictures, so I just added them at the bottom. The Disney photos inside and out are from the web. I got in trouble for taking photos in the concert hall. Oops.


Almost forgot I wore a black cocktail dress with my black mink shawl. Joe wore a black velvet jacket with a white and black pinstripe dress shirt and of course black pants.

Inside of the hall

Outside of the Disney Concert Hall

This is showing the cheap seats they are like bleachers and at the back of the band


Pink Martini






No comments: