February 12, 2009

Father's Office

Sunday we took a much needed break and drove to Culver City (Samy's Camera) to pick-up Joe's flash from his camera that was being repaired.  Wanting to make more out of the side trip than just crossing an item off the to do list, we had dinner at Father's Office. 


Everything I have read about Father's Office says it has the best burgers ever.  So I wanted to check it out for myself. 

Burger dripping with caramelized onions, arugula leafs, Gruyere cheese mixed with  bits  of bacon and blue cheese with a side of small fries. (Three of the fries put to together = one fry width.) They have a strict no customization policy - I wanted no blue cheese but was giving  a speech about if you don't like it we will take it back. I couldn't even see or taste it.  We both agreed the burgers were good.  

Fun coaster for Joe's Beer.

With 72 beers on tap Joe went with one he knows a little something about.  The Bartender wanting to share his knowledge of Belgian Beer or impress us one of the two. Obviously he did not know our knowledge of the subject so we just kindly smiled and said "thank you".  

The red tap was my choice. Water! how funny is that it comes from a red hydrant.  I thought is was so clever I need a photo to share with you all. 

5 comments:

Kate G said...

The tap (Dale's Pale Ale) next to the hydrant tap is brewed here in Colorado for a bar called Oskar Blues in Lyons. It's our favorite pit stop on the way home from Rocky Mountain National Park, and Dale's Pale Ale is my favorite of their beers. (Jim likes the dark ones better!)

Anonymous said...

OK here i try again!

Anonymous said...

I am more of a wine drinker myself (all those years in CA!) but that burger looks irresistible!

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

Francoise - your comments are coming through good. I know my mom is having problems viewing my blog but I haven't heard of any problems posting comments - or palm trees as I call them now.
The only thing i see different between Kate and your comment is the icon by the name.

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

Good to know about the other beer Kate! We still have a bunch of Belgian Beer here to drink from when Anne and I would make the beer runs to the Monks...the movers carefully pack it for us.