March 30, 2009

glazed chicken

What you need:
2 cups pomegranate juice
1 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
3 garlic cloves
salt and pepper
2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
4 bone in chicken breast halves (I used chicken legs)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed backing sheet with aluminum foil - or I BBQ mine

To make the glaze - in a large skillet, combine juices, rosemary, garlic, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Boil over high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup about 15 minutes, stirring and scraping down sides.

Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a liquid measuring cup; stir in vinegar - reserve 1/4 cup glaze for serving.

That all sounds good but mine was really thick - I didn't have a sieve - and I didn't have 1/4 cup glaze to save for the end I was lucky I had enough for the 3 pieces.

 mine turned out thick and not alot of it

BBQ legs 3 of the glaze 3 regular bbq sauce - it was a good sauce I just wish I had more of it

No comments: