April 15, 2009

Green Goddess


I saw this recipe in my may issue of Bon Appetit magazine and thought I would try it for Easter. In the article is says "what a salad likes to wear when it goes to California" I thought it would be perfect for my salad on Sunday. It was very good and I would make it again - I didn't add the anchovy to the dressing though.


INGREDIENTS
1/2 ripe medium avocado (about 7 ounces)
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 oil-packed anchovy, very finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon sugar
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 small shallot, finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)

PREPARATION
Blend first 7 ingredients in processor until coarse puree forms. With machine running, gradually add oil through feed tube; blend well. Transfer mixture to bowl; whisk in cream. Add parsley, tarragon, cilantro, basil, and shallot; whisk to combine. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill at least 3 hours (dressing will separate if not chilled). Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes and rewhisk before serving. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.

No comments: