December 21, 2009

day 158 & 159

On Friday night my parents and I went to a musical/play call "all is calm". It was about the Christmas truce of WWI 1914 in Flanders fields. (Belgium)

It was really good...of course you know I'm a little partial to Belgium. But seriously that was my favorite area of the Flanders Fields museum in Ypers, Belgium I never heard of of this in history class and it just amazes me that this happened.

Watching it I was missing Belgium, but most of all missing Joe and wishing I could share this experience with him.

3 comments:

Janice MiketeyFreeman said...

Jill,
The holidays are going to be hard for you and I wish there was something I could do to help ease the pain. Just surround yourself with the people that love you most and have some sort of small rememberance for Joe.

Françoise said...

Dear Jill,
I am so touched by your affection for my small confused country. I am sure that all of us who read you wish that we could help you through these difficult days. Yes, to stay close to those who love you is the best you can do for now. Françoise

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

Happy Holidays to you too.
Your small confused country is always on mind and can't wait till I get to go back and share my travels with you.