January 28, 2010

day 201

On Tuesday a women in Minneapolis was sentenced to 1 year in the workhouse for driving drunk and killing a man. click here for story

I might be kind of partial to this issue but I think people now a days realize what might happen when your drunk and drive. I truly can't believe that this women only go a 1 in a workhouse and not more jail time. When the government and states get strict on the drunk drivers I believe then people will take this issue seriously.

At the end of March is the trial in LA and I know that there is a chance that the guy who hit Joe could get off but at least he is charged with 15 to life on charge and 15 to life on another. I feel so sad for the family of the guy that died in minneapolis for only getting 1 year in the workhouse.





2 comments:

Kate G said...

Another thing that bothers me about that case is that after 120 days, she is eligible for work release. The light sentence is completely out of proportion to the severity of the crime.

Anonymous said...

I certainly hope that CA laws take the crime more seriously, especially since he has a history of DUI.
I feel sorry for both families. My own brother killed someone many years ago not bec of drinking but by driving dangerously. He spent a year in a Romanian prison and would have had a longer sentence except my parents were in a position to pull strings and got the king to intercede. It caused terrible anguish for the rest of us though I am not sure my brother has ever measured the enormity of his action. He has always seen himself as a victim rather than a perpetrator, "it's not my fault if . . ." Not a good man, I am afraid but he did learn to be more careful at the wheel.