August 9, 2010

Edinburgh Castle

The castle the symbol of Edinburgh sits on a rock above the city. It has been a fort and a royal residence since the 11th century. The tour books say you can spend several hours there...I think I must have missed something cause i was there less than an hour and I was bored.

I did however see the crown jewels, dog cemetery and the plaque to the witches these were the important things to me. Which all of the above the guide never should us...



Before the castle opened this man played the bagpipes up on a balcony of the castle

The castle up on the hill

View from up on the castle looking at monument hill
National war museum of Scotland

St. Margaret's chapel - you can really get married in here- it only holds 20 people though
Me in the wind and rain

My tour guide in wool plaid pants and a man that was nuts in shorts

A changing of the guards

Another view from up at the castle...remember i lost my luggage and it had my hair products in it, the wind and rain didn't help either

looking down at the dog cemetery - that is the closest you could get to it

The fountain/planter in memory of all the witches killed in Edinburgh

So I missed that they were having a 3 day music fest at night here...Rod Stewart, Jay Z, Beyonce and I can't remember the other act.
Guard standing out side the castle

No comments: