August 11, 2010

national gallery of Scotland

The National gallery of Scotland surprised me with the artist that it had in such a small and free museum. I actually was going to pass on going to it but I was ahead of my schedule and thought it was FREE why not. It has Raphael, Monet, Renoir, Picasso, Courbet and many more. Some of the paintings I can't remember who did them now...I knew that was going to happen.

FYI you can't take photos in the museum...you get yelled at. Thank good ness it was on my way out.

Monet???
Renoir??
I think I have officially seen every hay stack Monet has done now!

This painting I recognized but I didn't know why till I saw the artist was a Flemish painter. Not to mention I think I saw a similar one with a monkey I liked and Joe for some reason Joe didn't like monkeys. I think that is why this artist really stood out for me.

The skating priest. This was my favorite.

Just thought this was a cool photo

This guy was playing outside the gallery

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes on Monet and yes on Renoir. There are some lovely Scottish painters but I think they have been underrepresented in England and the Continent.