August 3, 2010

Technical problems

If you can believe this my modem for my computer died on Saturday and they couldn't get it fixed till Monday afternoon. I was planning on getting some blogs loaded this weekend but that problem added a kink in my plans.

I will tell you my problems from my trip since I started with problems.

Lets start that the customs agent in Edinburgh thought it was strange for a woman to be traveling alone and questioned me for 45 minutes about Joe, his work and my finances. Then I went to the baggage claim and only one of my two bags were there. Why when my luggage was clearly marked priority...because British open was in Scotland. The made sure every one's darn golf clubs were on the plane but not my luggage. The other bad part is I packed one bag for Scotland and one bag for Paris...my Paris bag arrived with my warm weather clothes and it was 65 degrees, cold, wet and windy in Scotland.

My trip home from Paris was just as crazy as my trip into Europe. The Power went out in the airport, we had a baggage scary in the terminal, a man that was almost 7 ft tall couldn't fit in the coach seats and wanted to be up in business class. Finally someone gave him the bulk head seat so we could leave. Then a man passed out and fell out of his seat when we were about 3 hours into the flight. Oh did I mention it was a smaller plane and too 9 hours to go from Paris to Minneapolis. Oh I should have just gone to Amsterdam then home. Now I know not to do that again.

Also got questioned at US customs as to how I afforded my trip abroad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief! Why all the questioning, I wonder. One reason I finally became a citizen was that after 9/11 I was harassed by immigration personnel each time I re-entered the country. In your case, it can't be racial profiling so maybe there is someone with a similar name who is on *the list*. I am flying over at the end of the month, non-stop Portland Amsterdam, I hope that I (and my bags)'ll have a quieter passage! Welcome home!

Kate G said...

Your experiences as a single woman traveler sound like something from the turn of the 20th century, not a decade into the 21st century.