August 24, 2010

Pere LaChaise Part 2

Here is part two of the cemetery. I hope you enjoy them.

Père Lachaise is one of the most famous cemeteries in the world. Located in the 20th arrondissement, it is reputed to be the world's most-visited cemetery, attracting hundreds of thousands of visitors annually to the graves of those who have enhanced French life over the past 200 years. It is also the site of three World War I memorials. Which I could not find the Belgium one.


Allen Kardec, born Hippolyte Leon Denizard Rivail, founder of Spiritism
I don't know who he is I only stopped because there were other people checking it out.

Pretty

This was hard to photograph, it kept focusing on the trees in the background not the clear glass monument. It is a tribute to the people on flight from Rio to Paris in 2009. I thought that was a nice thing to do.

People looking at Ocar's grave

Some writing on Ocar's grave

Oscar Wilde - Irish Writer
1854-1900
Lipstick marks on Oscar's grave

I don't think people can read this sign

Why are you suppose to kiss this tomb? I didn't but I thought I should will all these lip marks on it.


Another sign that didn't help me

One of my favorite photos-I like it because the statue jumps out from the photo

No comments: