November 20, 2009

bonus post

Congratulations to Herman Van Rompuy. Who is he you ask. He is the first president of the EU. He is the former PM of Belgium. It is good for the EU and I think it is bad for Belgium because it is very difficult to find a PM that wants to run that crazy little country. He hasn't even been PM for a year.

Before the EU had a president it rotated every so many month to a different prime minister in the EU. I also thought that was crazy.

Just wanted to discuss this with you all because I just can't have this conversation with Joe face to face.

1 comment:

Françoise said...

we are rightly proud of Mr Van Rompuy, Michel and I. He got fed up with trying to run Belgium, maybe he'll find it a cinch to run the whole European shindig!

I love your house pictures since I am a terminal case of home deco. It would be very nice to host you if you ever venture into the Northwest. Keep it in mind if the travel bug hits you next year'

F