November 10, 2009

day 121

I meant to write this on the blog yesterday but time got away from me. Yesterday was the 20th anniversary of the wall coming down in Berlin. I actually found a channel here that is world news (which I really miss) I what watch is at 6:30 am 1/2 hour of french news 1/2 russian news 1/2 Aljazzera and 1/2 of Euro News which is the news I watched in Brussels. You really get a good picture and a different side of what is really going on in the world.

It was kind of a sad day because I didn't get to chat with Joe and revisit all our crazy stories from when we were in Berlin. Even a new story from the day when the CNN international guy (the evening Anchor from London that we watched daily in Brussels) was at the Berlin Wall and they showed a interview of him there 0 years ago and he has changed so much.

Everyone always ask me what is you favorite place you visited. It really is a hard question to answer because everywhere we went we loved in it's own special way.

Berlin for example was our favorite city for the history because it was so recent that we both remembered the event happening. The museums were fascinating for both us and the city was amazing but still has a cold war feeling. The people were actually the nicest in Berlin than anywhere else we have been. We even told people we were Americans, a thing we rarely did.

Here is link to my other blog with our Berlin tales I would like to share again with you.

No comments: