March 17, 2010

day 249

This summer I'm going to Scotland. I arranged for a tour of John O'groats the very top of Scotland and there are puffins, seals and other wildlife I will see.

I'm very excited to see the cows - I just think they are sooo cute.

They also say you may see Sheep on the tour...Below is a photo from their web site. Now this would make me happy to see something like this on the tour but I can't imagine everyone would like to see this, not to mention how long it would take to get from point A to B.


My only other problem is clothes...Scotland will be high 60's to 70 degree's and it is there rainy month. Also I will be in the country part of the time.

My next stop will be Paris with temps in the low 70's and a very chic city. What does one pack for a trip like this??? Besides my rain jacket - better to be safe than sorry.

9 comments:

Kate G said...

We saw some of those Highland Cows at the National Western Stock Show here. That thick, long, red hair makes them look sort of prehistoric. (I think the Scots sometimes call them Toffee Cows, because of their color . . .)

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that you are going on such an awesome trip like this...can I stow away in your suitcase?
Janice

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

Janice you don't need to stow away you can just join me. I'm doing the trip by myself.
In the last year I got screwed out of going to Paris twice so I really need to get back there for one last time to say good bye.
Scotland Joe and I were planning before we got the news we were moving back to the states. So I just finishing up the trip already wanted to do a while ago.

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

Kate - i want to put bows in the cows hair...do you think they will like that?

Anonymous said...

If I didn't have two kids to worry about, I would join you in a heartbeat. I have never been on a trip like that and I can only dream about them untill my kids get older and I can finally travel in my retirement years lol. I do hope that you enjoy this trip as the last year has been pretty hard on you and you deserve a much needed vacation.
Janice

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with being elegant in Scotland. After all you're not going to work with the cattle, just look at them, right? Proper shoes for rain and mud would be good.
For life in Northern Scotland, see:
http://cupcakesathome.blogspot.com/
You'll want to go back to older posts to see the rare breed animals they raise.

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

Françoise, first did you like that I finally got the thing on the bottom of the c?

Second I didn't think that i could be chic in Scotland because I have been back in the states to long. I totally forgot that I could do that. I'm lucky that I get out of my fleece lined nylon pants once a week :)

So now I will look like the crazy American standing in a scottish field with a cute cow in a dress :)

Thanks, Jill

Anonymous said...

A cow in a dress?? I'm not sure they'
ll let you do that. Makes milking difficult. . .
.
The thing is called a cedilla :-)

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

I knew you would think that...I will be in the dress the cow will have a bow in it's hair if I can get it stand still.