August 3, 2009

Day 21 & 22

I’m not going to bore you will the stuff I did this weekend it was all paper work , unpacking and laundry.

The hardest thing I find right now is when I see something or do something where I want to call Joe up and tell him what just happened. I use to talk to him a 2-3 times a day and I don’t know when that urge to pick up the phone and call him will end. I do know I can talk to him any time I want, but maybe this little blurb from our charades blog that Joe wrote will explain it better than I can. I also know I can call any of you at anytime but I know your responds to my crazy things will not be the same.


"I am thankful for the opportunity to have worked and lived in Belgium - for the opportunity to experience a new country, a new culture and a new way of looking at life. I can honestly say that my eyes have been opened a bit wider and that I am better for the opportunity. That said, I am most thankful for how wonderful Belgium was for Jill. I will miss the reports of who was met on the daily dog walks (we miss you Max), what European vacation is in the queue, what treasures were acquired on the shopping expedition and what "local" she engaged in another round of CHARADES.

Thank you Belgium and thank you Jill for another wonderful chapter in our life."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. From all you have told us about Joe, I can well imagine that he would have smiled at the story's ending.

I wish i had returned to Brussels earlier and shared it with you and Kate. I am going to need some pointers from you two when i return to live P/T as an expat in my own country. Be prepared for lots of questions.
I read you every day and send you wishes for as good a day as possible.