August 6, 2009

day 25

first so for the late post I was to tired last night to blog (haven't been getting my naps in) and today I went to the gym in the morning and now I'm avoiding the messages on my answering machine because I know it will be more work to do and I want a couple more minutes of peace before the craziness starts for the day.  

Yesterday I went to the Social Security office and they filed my claim for $255.00 for death benefits.  I also learned the crazy rules of collecting benefits.  I don't get benefits because we didn't have kids and I will not be raising any kids.  I don't get his benefits till 60 and then just a portion and at 65 full, but if I get remarried I don't get anything.  But if I get married after 62 I can get Joe's benefits and after being married for so many years to the new guy after 62 I can get his benefits too.  However if Joe was married for 10 year or more then  his ex-wife can also get his benefits.  
Now how screwed  up is that.  Like when I'm 60 there are going to be any money left.  

The rest of the day I spent with the guy trying to fix my garage door which is now totally screwed up and doesn't work so my car is outside in the hot sun.  Did i mention it is black.  

that is it for now I have to get the house ready for tomorrow when 10 or so of the bikers are coming over for dinner.  Then this weekend sometime Joe's roommate from college is coming for a visit.  Yes it was planned before the accident and there was no sense for him to cancel his trip.  It should be interesting since I have never met him.  You can read all about it next week. 


No comments: