August 31, 2009

Day 49,50 &51

Smoke from the station fire on Friday 
Strange smoke glow in the day Friday

So you know that saying God doesn't give you more than you can handle...why do I have to be so strong! Like I need to deal with a fire right now. 

So the fire is moving in on Santa Clarita I can see it in the distance burning the hills.  The area about 20 minutes drive away in the city is now evacuated.  I have packed up the important paper and the rest I just don't care about right now - in the past I would have been packing my shoes and clothes.  

The sad news is that the Gala I was going to attend with my parents now has evacuated all the animals on the farm and are looking for a new place to have the gala.  I really wanted to be dressed up on a farm full of animals darn it. 

Here is some info from the web on the fire.  If I don't blog for a while it maybe cause I'm evacuated to my cousins in the OC. 

The 35,000-acre fire threatened over 10,000 homes, 500 commercial properties and 2,000 other structures and rained ash on cars as far away as downtown Los Angeles on Sunday, spreading in all directions in hot, dry conditions.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Jill!!
Brenda K.