August 24, 2009

day 41,42,43 & 44

They say laughter is the best medicine, I had lot of it last week when Karen and I attended 2 funny tapings. 

The first one was Chelsea Lately on E!. It was good and the guest was Marley Matlin. After the taping we went to Santa Monica then drove up the coast on hwy 1 to Ventura where we had dinner at this little fish and chips place on the beach that Joe and I loved to eat at.
Friday we went to the taping of “Accidently on purpose” at CBS studios in Studio City. The set is actually the old “Will & Grace”’ set according to the plaque on the wall outside the studio.
Never being to a sitcom taping before I didn’t know what to expect. Being I have only heard bad things about TV tapings but I wanted to tried it anyway. Both Karen and I were pleasantly surprised that we had a ball at the show.  

The other talk shows I have attended all have a guy that warms up the audience and keeps you entertained during breaks. At this particular show they were giving out signed cast photo for the person who laughs the hardest or most during each scenes. While Karen and I got one and you know I don’t fake laugh, we were really laughing at the scenes. I’m not sure if some of it will make it pass the FCC but it was funny stuff. The show is really funny and I hope it comes across that why when it airs.

The time I really lost it wasn’t during the show, it was just after the warm up guy balanced a folding ladder opened up on his chin. (Yes a 6ft ladder open up) Then the DJ started to play the song “Maniac” from the movie “Flash dance” and he started to dance like the scene from the movie then poured water on his head and spit it out and shook all over the public relations rep from Beverly Hills. (She basically thought she was hot shit because Grant show invited her and he would talk to her on the breaks) I was laughing so hard (can’t remember the last time I laughed like that) during this I was crying and couldn’t stop even when the director yelled “Action quiet on the set!” Thank god when I laugh so hard like that I don’t make any sounds cause that could have been a very bad thing, but on the other hand we might have met the cast and crew as they were throwing us off the set.  

During one of the many breaks we got served pizza not sure if this happens at every taping or just because it was a special press night. It was nice no matter what the occasion. If you attend a taping of a TV just know they are long, we got in line at 4:00 and the show wrapped at 10:00. Then who would have guess there would be a traffic jam on the 5 freeway on the way home.
All in all it was really fun and just interesting to watch all that goes on behind the camera.

one more thing...the actor Micheal Rapport was visiting the set, he is from Boston Public he also played Phoebe's boyfriend on a couple friends episodes.  

Here is a little clip about the new show that airs Sept. 21.






No comments: