July 20, 2009

Day 10

Today I  accomplished quite a bit, got my suitcase packed,  almost got the reception after the service complete.  Got the programs ready after some last minute changes. Picked up my dress from the cleaners. Made appointments at the cemetery to pick out the spot to bury Joe and also a meeting to discuss the service with the minister.  Let not forget my last minute doctors appointment before I start paying for it myself. 

I did call the funeral home at 1:30 to see if Joe's ashes where there yet.  Not sure if they forgot to get him back or not but she had to call and see when he would be released then told me he would be ready in an hour and half.  Then I went and picked up my husbands ashes.  He came in an airline approved container which was placed in a pretty green velvet bag.  He also is a lot heavier than I thought he would be.  

Also need to go to the store to get some food for the house sitter.  I really haven't cleaned that much Jaime and the volume is still off on the TV.  

Also Happy Birthday Dad!  

No comments: