July 22, 2009

Day 12

I would like to share an email that came through from the bike club. It sounds like some of the guys are having a rough time with this crash. I just ask that you think of them and prayer them too at this time. I know if Joe was still alive and witnessed this he would still be shaken up and I can honestly say I don't know if I would let him ride again for a while. Thanks, Jill


I would just like to insure that everyone understands that we are all hear to help each other get past the horrific crash that recently occurred. You cannot heal by self blame. There was nothing that anyone could do to prevent this accident. An on coming car entered our lane. Those are the facts. There is nothing at the time of the accident that you as a cyclist could have done differently besides not showing up that morning of the ride to prevent it or avoid it. If you need someone to talk to just give me or any other club member a call. We need to heal together isolating yourself or blaming yourself is not the way to get by this tragedy or what I should really say is crime. Survivors guilt can be very debilitating please call.

No comments: