July 29, 2009

day 19

Home sweet home for now any way. I'm typing this Wednesday to post Thursday but I can tell you I can't wait to sleep in my own bed.    

My flight home was rather interesting on Wednesday.  You know that saying "the universe is works in strange ways" or something like that.  Well I was sitting next to a  lady that had a bunch of paper work that was all air plane manufacturing warranty stuff.  I asked her if she was in manufacturing and then we chatted about what she did then I said my husband use to work in the say field.  Then it lead to me telling a strange what just happened in my life,  trying not to get emotional about it.  

Here is the universe part...her first husband died of cancer when she was 21 her second husband died when she was 48 she is on her third husband.  What are the chances of sitting next to someone that has lost two of her husbands.  The second husband was a bike rider too and we chatted about all the bike and equipment they have.  Then I asked her if she was at the Paris airshow this last June, and she was.  So I'm sure that at some point her and Joe crossed paths. She was very helpful in telling what she went though, what other documents I need to sell the possessions that are in Joe's name and we discussed probate attorneys.  I guess even if you have a will you need a trust too.  Mark that down on your list or else your loved ones will need to get an attorney to do a trust. 

She also mentioned what happened to her friends after a couple month went by...some where upset by the choices she was making and stopped talking to her others didn't invite her placed because it was all couple going and she wasn't a couple anymore.  She finally just moved to a new town (from colorado to california) and started over.  

I know most of you think I'm strong and can't believe I'm blogging but here is an example that I'm not all together.  

After I got my luggage I ran out to catch the bus to Van Nuys where my friend was meeting me, as I was getting on the bus I realized I forgot my other suitcase in the terminal.  Of course it was the small carry-on one not the huge one.  I ran back in with my huge suitcase, my purse and a dog.  Thank God it was still there where I left it.  It only contained all my legal paper work, the cards from the service and my wedding ring...I would have been really in shock if i lost all that.  

I got back to the bus and the driver was starting to leave and I must have looked really upset or scared cause he stopped and let me on.  

 


No comments: