July 29, 2009

day 18

Let's just say tuesday was filled with phone calls. I talked to so many lawyers, but the one that surprised me was I got a call from the DA that is in charge of Joe's case in LA. He said that on Wednesday he (marco valencia) will be arraned (spelling). Then he asked if I will be there, no because I'm flying back to LA. I guess he is pleading not gulity and the trial will start in 4-6 months. That is the time I think I would like to be there for one day any way.

I also have an appointment with the social security office in LA next week...but again we get screwed because we don't have any kids. I think I have to wait till I'm retirement age to collect his social security.

I did have a very quick chat with Joe at the cemetery...it was quick cause I think he is moved over in plot 4 not 5 but I didn't have a tape measure to check it out. Lakewood say's he is in the right spot but I'm not sure. Yeah can I have any more problems???

So as you are reading this on wednesday I'm either getting ready, getting on or getting off the plane. I also got upgraded again to first class...thank god there is still some little pleasures in my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading about the sudden horrible misfortune in your life is so surreal, it really feels like I'm reading a serialized novel or something, then I suddenly remember that you are a real person and have a real life and real pain and it's almost totally overwhelming. I think about you often and hope you have a strong support system. I hope you have family close by or decide to move closer to family because I really don't know what other substitute there can be. Truly sorry for your loss.

-From a reader who mentioned wanting to move to Brussels.

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

Thank you for your comment. are you still thinking of going to Brussels?

Anonymous said...

I am still thinking of moving to Europe - it's not easy as an American with no European ties to move to Europe (my sister is actually a Belgian by marriage and I'd love to be closer to her and my young nieces and nephews), plus I have a fairly specialized job (in medicine) and have no idea how one goes about getting equivalent qualifications (and I am too old to take another exam - if that's what they require). However, I plan on visiting Brussels in late September and hope it won't have cooled off too much. In the meantime, all I can do is lurk on your and other expat blogs and wish, wish, wish.