September 15, 2009

day 67

For my annivesary present this year I told Joe I wanted to attend the Animal Acres Gala (yes along with the Haiwii trip) he agreed that he would go with me. I went this weekend with my parents and we had fun. Of course I didn't tell my dad everything about what we were going to. On the drive down to the gala my dad read the menu on the confirmation sheet and it stated "VEGAN" dinner. My dad thought he was going to this fancy country club in the Pacific Palisades for a steak dinner. After explaining to him that this place rescues farm animals and helps with the crultiy of farm animals that eating a steak at the gala would kind of be a problem.

It was a fun night even if alot of the celebrities did not show because of the last minute date change - that really didn't bother me I more upset it wasn't on the farm with the animals. (they are still evecuated because of the fires)

I didn't win any of my silent auction items but my dad got a autograph of Kenny Rogers and a t-shirt. I was bidding on a trip to NYC with vip seats at Regis & Kelly and VIP tickets to see the taping of The Big Bang Theroy which I already had vip seat to Regis & Kelly and Thursday saw the case of the Big Bang Theroy on the warner brother tour - but it was for the animals benefit more than another trip to NYC.

Here are some photos from the night. 


Tip Jar for the Valet parking 

The photographers gathering around the "green" carpet

Emily Deschanel from the Fox show "Bones" she was actually One table away

Vegan Desserts

I finally got a goodie bag at a gala - it was mostly stuff for Foxy

Ed Begley Jr. 

Joely Fisher - she actually knew about the change of venue but nobody told her about the date change and she showed up last week for the gala.  

5 comments:

Kate G said...

Sounds like my kind of party!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you and your parents had a great time.
Brenda K

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

Yes it was a good night I wish I could show you a photos of us but I have such bags under my eyes from not sleep for 2 months that i don't want to have my photo taken unless I have sunglasses on.

Françoise said...

What a nice gala, it sounded like my kind of do.

Can you tell me the best place to get your mango conditioner? I have a "chauffeur" at my disposition so I can go any place I want ;-) It's a good thing too because I am stuck in Vilvoorde, in Flemish Brabant which is a stress on my virtually disappeared Flemish.

A trip to Ixelles wouldbe lovely.

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

So sorry you are the flemish country :) the place I usually got the conditioner is at the corner of Ave Louise and Blvd de waterloo a couple store down from the quick burger across from Louis Vuitton. Hope that helps. Thank you again.