September 23, 2009

day 74

yesterday was the first day of Fall and it was over 100 degrees here and I was loving it.  However it sparked a new fire by me which is not good because where the fires are is where the orange groves, avocado groves and lemon grove.  It is really sad to think all the years of growing the trees will be gone in seconds.  

Also I went to the pool in my landlords home owners association,  when a rent a cop came by and questioned me then kicked me out cause my landlord wasn't with me.  No seriously I wanted to chill out and make phone calls by the pool and this guy in his early 30's kicked me out.  I think it was discrimination because he felt inferior.  I had a nice car, my nice swimsuit on and my designer bag and like he has nothing better to do then kick me out.  Did I mention rent a cops drive around our town to "protect" us.  So he thought "protecting" the city was kicking my out of a pool that had  only one other person there.  Seriously!!!  

I still have 12 message blinking on my phone.  Oh did I also mention that Discover Card turned Joe's account over to a collection agency.  I have been paying the bill and everything no call from them or nothing just a nice letter from a lawyer say that they are a collection agency.  So I'm asking everyone to BOYCOTT Discover Card and everything linked to the company.  I have yet to call them and tell them that they are very inconsiderate and have told everyone I know to boycott them.  Hello - all the other cards Joe has have sent me my own card and I have taken over the account. What the heck!!    

6 comments:

Françoise said...

Jill, this pool police guy is pathetic.Maybe you needed a note from your landlord?
Hope the fires stay at bay. They scare me. 2 years ago my son and his family had to evacuate Solana Beach. I was a wreck!
I've got your conditioner, the last two in a nice local pharmacy. Next I'll look for the other stuff.
It's very mild and pleasant in Brussels. This weekend we are going on a boat trip on the Vilvoorde Canal and on to the Escaut. Next wek maybe to Spa in the Ardennes.
For all the dissent between flemish and French speakers, I have to say that everyone has been very polite and helpful to me so far.

Anonymous said...

Jill,
I just cancelled my discover card and when they asked why....I informed them of what they did to a friend of mine and she wanted your name and number so she could call you....needless to say I told her nope...not gonna happen....just cancel my account and she still tried to keep me but you know me.....I won! I'll keep spreading the word about that company as that is just crazy! Now as for the "rent a cop" he just didn't like the competition he was looking at knowing that he was some schmuck and you are way better all around than he is so this was his pathetic way to deal with it.
Janice

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

I'm glad you are having fun in Belgium. I wish I could go to Spa with you. Joe and I went there once in December and I even went swimming outside. The Sauna felt wonderful after that swim.
Have a safe travels around.

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

Hey Janice - thanks for telling me your story about the card.

I just don't even know what to say about the darn rent a cop and the pool it was really strange. It wasn't like I had a ton of friends with me or the pool was crowded with people that live there.

My life is just strange some days.

robin said...

Jill, is the discover card in Joe's name only, or is your name on the account? If it is only in Joes name, you can write deceased on the envelope, the mail carrier will return it and you don't owe anything on the account at all.

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

Hi Robin, it was just Joe's name and I was paying it along with the other bills. The balance was less than $2000. They stopped sending bill just sent letter from the lawyer/collection agency. Everyone else just changed the cards to my name and I have been paying them.