September 17, 2009

day 69

Monday night I went to the advance showing of flash forward. I had seen the previews on TV and thought it looked interesting but didn't know if I would watch it. Then when I got and email  invitation to go to the screening I thought what the heck and invited my friend Teri.  Like I'm going to be invited to things like this once I'm in Minnesota. 

I'm glad I did it was good, but if you like mindless TV it isn't for you. It is a cross between Hero's and an lost. You have to think and they give you clues to put together. If Joe and I missed an episode of Hero's in Brussels we were usually really clueless as to what was going on. Not to mention when they were speaking Chinese the subtitles were in Flemish not English.

It took them 14 month to write the pilot, and they are planning on it to continue for 5 years, but don't worry in the first 13 episodes alot will be reveled they said. (just in case it doesn't go that long, they are still waiting for ABC to order 11 more to finish the season.) They stated when they pitched it to ABC they gave them there plan for the 5 years.

At the end of the show the actors came out and answered questions and then we filled out a questionnaire for ABC and we got a t-shirt. To my surprise they had a small - they only ordered small and medium shirts - only in LA.

Teri waiting in line to get in.  I just noticed my purse is wide open laying on the sidewalk  "hello".   Today Thursday Teri and I are off to the Ellen show it airs Friday look for us. 

The writer/creator David Goyer - he wrote Batman the Dark Knight - Erica I hope I got that right.  Erica was girl we met in line who is a huge fan of his.  She is the reason we were in the front row.  Yes I was taking photos of them when I was in the first row, I only took a couple. 

Dominic Monaghan of Lost and Lord of the Rings - John Cho of Harold and Kumar and Star Trek (the new movie) - Courtney B. Vance he was really funny

Brian O'Byrne - Christine Woods - can't remember his name - Peyton List - Zachary Knighton

Lastly enjoy the clip of the show it air September 24 before Grey's Anatomy.  One more thing the neighborhood they show in the beginning (where it takes place) I thought was Stevenson Ranch and I'm not the only one Teri thought it was too and the Host from Entertainment Weekly asked it if was Stevenson Ranch.  Even though they say it isn't I think it is.  Just another show that films in my town.  Now you can picture what my hood looks like. 

Also the note she leaves for her husband is something I would do for Joe - it was there way of saying "I love You" 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It does look like your neighborhood but I don't think I'll be watching the show. I'm sure you enjoyed the preview. Mom